1. The Economic Times’ Women’s Forum (ETWF), is an initiative of and the intellectual property of Bennett, Coleman and Co. Ltd (“BCCL”). ETWF is supported by partners as published on www.etwomensforum.com.
2. The ETWF will be held in Mumbai on Friday, 8 February 2019. It aims to bring together a diverse range of female luminaries from the world of business, entertainment and politics from India and beyond. It will throw light on the challenges women face as professionals in all sectors of the economy, government, civil society and the arts. It will also discuss solutions by experts from nations that have successfully introduced bold measures to promote women’s economic participation at all levels.
3. Featuring keynote conversations, panel discussions, one-on-one interviews, interstitial spotlights and entertainment, the ETWF 2019 is not a talk shop but a fast-paced multimedia pageant.
4. The experts are selected by BCCL, who are pioneers of their respective fields who may or may not be associated with our partners.
5. The Economic Times Women’s Forum is an invite only event. The applicant must first register on the website www.etwomensforum.com to confirm his/her interest to participate in ETWF. At the time of registration, the applicant shall provide basic details as required by BCCL. Upon registration and submission of details, BCCL shall on the basis of the details submitted by the applicants, conduct the screening process of the selected applicants as may be decided by BCCL in its sole discretion. The applicant also acknowledges that BCCL may directly or through its appointed third party(ies) may call the applicant to verify the details submitted by the applicant at the time of registration. The successful applicant(s) shortlisted for participating in the ETWF (herein after referred to as “Participant”) shall be intimated by BCCL through email and/or SMS and/or letter to your email address as provided by you at the time of registration.
6. The decision of BCCL in shortlisting the final participants of ETWF will be final. No communication will be entered into with any person in relation to any decision of BCCL or process.
7. The applicant(s) are required to be at least 18 years of age as on Friday, 8 February 2019.
8. BCCL or any of the partners will not incur any costs for the Participants’ participating in ETWF nor entertain any claims for the same. The Participant(s) shall make their own arrangement for travel and accommodation in Mumbai, the venue of ETWF.
9. BCCL (including its directors, consultants, employees, promoters) partners/sponsors or any employee or agent of the partners/sponsors will NOT be liable for: (a) any costs incurred or loss or liability suffered by the participants in relation to ETWF; (b) any loss in expectation of profits by participant (c) any failure by participant to understand their rights in relation to intellectual property, or the rights of BCCL, the partner(s)/sponsors or any third party in relation to intellectual property; or(d) any other benefit the participant may expect to gain by participating in ETWF.
10. The Participant agrees that, he/she will participate in any promotional activities or material, without additional payment or permission, as requested by BCCL. Subject to applicable laws, the participant hereby grants BCCL, by participating in ETWF and/or registering on the site, the right to use, in perpetuity the participant’s information, publish and display participant’s picture, voice, video, statements, quotes which may be adapted, edited or modified, as solely determined by BCCL for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes in any media without notification or approval, all without any additional consideration. No commercial sound or image recording is permitted.
11. The Participant hereby agrees and undertakes not to hold BCCL and/or or any of their group entities or affiliates, their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, partner/sponsors responsible for or liable for, any actions, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs, charges and expenses that the Participant may/might have suffered, sustained or incurred, or claims to suffer, sustain or incur, by way of and /or on account of participation in the ETWF in any manner whatsoever.
12. The Participant further acknowledges and understands that BCCL shall not be responsible for any comments/remarks made by the speakers or the audience present at the ETWF. Views or opinions expressed by the speaker or other participants/audience, are those of the individuals speaking and do not represent the views or opinions of BCCL or the sponsors of ETWF.
13. BCCL may change the Terms and Conditions of participation at any time without prior notice. The amended Terms and Conditions will be effective immediately upon being posted on the website. Important changes to the Terms and Conditions may be highlighted on the website etwomensforum.com for your convenience; however, you acknowledge that it is your sole responsibility to regularly visit the website to read any changes to the Terms and Conditions of Participation.
14. BCCL is entitled to cancel the event ETWF. The Participant will be informed immediately and shall not be entitled to any other recourse. BCCL is also entitled to make other changes to ETWF (e.g. agenda, timetable, venue changes). BCCL will give notice of such changes immediately on our websites.
15. Any disputes, differences and/or any other matters in relation and arising out of the participation and/or pertaining to the rules and regulations of ETWF shall be referred to a sole arbitrator appointed by BCCL in accordance with the provisions of the Arbitration & Conciliation Act, 1996 and any subsequent amendment thereof. The arbitration proceedings shall be held in English and the seat of arbitration shall be at New Delhi. The arbitral award shall be final and binding.
16.Subject to the section 15, herein above, the courts at New Delhi shall have the exclusive jurisdiction.